...want like hell to do your job well, but aren't able to. Not yet, at least.
I'm sitting here at my desk with sleep-blurred eyes on a Sunday night, wondering how I'll get through this, my first year of teaching. I don't suppose the answer to that involves Me Bitching A Lot or Sitting On My Ass and Procrastinating (two things I've done quite a lot of today).
It seems so cliché, but truly: How do I reach these kids?
How do I reach these kids when I'm just trying to make sense of my place in my school to begin with? ...of my resources, of the school culture, of the theory that's being thrown at me? I want to plan and react and assess and progress with all my heart, but sometimes I don't know where to begin. Even with 3 years in Moz and all that summer prep with PC Fellows, I still don't know what the hell I'm doing.
It's all so very much. I'm catching and throwing blindly, for now.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment