Thursday, January 10, 2008

All in a day's... something

Yesterday can be broken up into roughly three parts, all of which I'm sure will shock and amaze:
I. Sleeping and dozing
II. Sorting and cleaning (at home)
III. Yelling and cheering (at the hockey game)

The sleeping part was pleasant, with the "cold house/warm covers" combo and the 8 uninterrupted hours of rest stuff going on. Alaska is a GREAT place for sleeping, let me tell you. Hibernation station.  Maybe I'm still caught up in being Comparey McMozambican-Comparerson. Really, though, there's something delightful about not waking up at 6 AM with beads of sweat already forming on my brow and my head pulsating with the bass line from next door.

Sorting and cleaning: I've been needing to do this for a while. Two and a half weeks' worth of a while, in fact. Today was The Day. It's amazing the things you find in your house after three years' absence -- time capsule city. Amongst the rescued party: a rockin' yellow terry cloth sweatband! A photo of 10 year old me and Hillary Clinton! A handmade, gold spray painted TV on the Radio patch! My cat! Chanel sunglasses! Tampons! What fun. Maybe I'll uncover a few more long-lost treasures in the pre-NYC weeks to come.

After a hard day's sortin', it was time to have quasi-family-time and go to the Aces game with my dad. (Quick digression here: I love hockey. Seriously. LOVE IT. As far as American diversions go, The Hockey Game has usurped the hallowed place of Ye Olde Indie Rock Show in my life for the time being. Quite simply, there are lots of fun, exciting Aces games and not a whole lot of fun, exciting indie rock shows in Anchorage.)  Solid skating and some beautiful assists in the first two periods, and then, ppffffftttttt, the defensive line absolutely fell apart at the end of the third period. 5-4 Stockton (opposing team) in sudden death; exeunt me and Pops. Boo! But, fun nonetheless.

Y'know, come to think of it, I lied. There was absolutely nothing shocking or extraordinary about yesterday. 
It was just good.

No comments: