I still feel very much the outsider -- the stereotypically out-of-the-loop, recently returned Peace Corps kid who doesn't quite know her place yet. Who, most likely, will have to eke out an entirely new place for herself through that nebulous, drawn-out process called Reintegration. I have been back for a mere thirteen-point-five days. Already, I can't help but feel that I'll start to readapt to American life better if I have and follow (however loosely) some sort of game plan.
Reintegration game plan = What I always do, 2008 edish'.
Bake cupcakes. Conjugate verbs. Dance. Read. Get crafty. Be musicky. And...
Write.
I feel I have much to catch up on after my 38 months in Mozambique -- much to see and do, process and feel. Lucky for me, I happen to have just a bit of catching-up time at my disposal before I scamper off in a new direction. And now, ta-dah! My very own, brand-new, shiny happy blog (whatever that is). Então vamos.

No comments:
Post a Comment