I have one particularly sweet, serious, and studious young lady in two of my classes -- Writing (1st period) and ESL 3 (6th and 7th). Let's call her Maria.
Coming in armed with two previous days' worth of fictional narrative and dialogue study, my students worked on Characterization on Friday. I asked them to focus on developing a character -- either one they already knew, or one they imagined. Maria chose to use me as her "character," which I found a bit funny to begin with. What was REALLY interesting, though, was her prewrite on setting, plot, and characters. I cracked up. What she wrote was so perfect:
Pre-writing
1) Setting
I see Ms. Gardner twice every day in the room 534. I see her at 8:27 in the morning and at 12:30 in the noon.
2) Plot
During the morning the class is amazing but in the noon it is a disaster. However, there are many good students during the noon class
3) [Characters]
Ms. Gardner and her students
Oh, Maria, you said it. We're gonna keep at it, though!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment